Friday, March 8, 2013

Random Updates...

I really don't know where to start on updates, since I haven't blogged for a long time, so I am just going to do a bunch of bullet point updates of whatever comes to my mind! :) So, enjoy!

  • Noah is absolutely in love with a new playset that I bought for our backyard. I found a Little Tikes plastic playground for him on KSL and it was less than half the price of buying new so it was a great deal! It has holes to climb in and out of, a little ladder to climb up, a platform to play on, and a slide which is his favorite part. I hope it warms up soon and stays warm so we can keep playing outside and enjoying the yard and sunshine!

  • Ben is SO close to being done with school! Next month is graduation and I can't wait for it to be done! I am "making" Ben walk in the ceremony, he doesn't want to but I think it's important to celebrate that achievement, especially with all of the sacrifice and and effort it has taken on his part. Right now, his schedule gets him home at 10:00 or later Monday-Thursday every week, and he is gone most of the day on Saturdays as well. Poor Noah misses Ben like crazy during the week and clings to him like crazy when he's home. Ben is looking forward to more family time in May! He is absolutely amazing to have done all this schooling on top of working full time on top of being an amazing husband and father. 

  • We found out in January that we are going to be having another little boy join our family! We have decided to name him Joshua Ron Anderson. Ron is Ben's father, which I think is neat. We are so excited to have two little boys in our family, I am officially and thoroughly out-numbered now! I do like referring to Noah and Josh as "my sons" or "my boys", and sometimes I refer to Noah, Josh, AND Ben as "my boys" and I love that. Joshua is still scheduled to arrive around June 9th, so we are getting there!
  • I am finally feeling better with this pregnancy, most days that is. With Noah, I was totally done being sick by 18 weeks, and I am almost 27 weeks now with Josh and I still throw up and get nauseated really easily. Gr! I can't remember the last time I ate anything with meat since that is a major trigger for me. Hopefully I'm not this sick the whole time, I am ready to eat normally again. This time around, the biggest obstacle has actually been the pain I have been experiencing. Joshua is sitting REALLY low and really far back, so my pelvic area (super personal, sorry), lower back, and lower abdomen are very painful feeling. Some days it hardly bothers me, but most days even walking is excruciating. Getting in and out of the car and going up and down stairs is getting harder and harder, I don't know how I am going to function by the end! Good thing Ben will be around more by then! I have been enjoying feeling a baby move around inside me again, I love feeling the kicks and squirming. That is definitely my favorite part of being pregnant! Josh is pretty strong, I think Ben has been able to feel him earlier than he could feel Noah. Good thing he is so active, he will have to be to keep up with his big brother!
  • Ben and I still teach the Sunbeams together, and we have a lot of fun! We have a cute group of kids and we really like serving together. It's much easier to teach and focus on class with Noah in nursery now. We actually put Noah in nursery a month early, he started attending in early January instead of February. He LOVES it, even if he does keep the teachers on their toes! Every week when I go to pick him up I get comments about how he never sits still and how he is always on the go. Even the lady who has 2 year old twins looks a little shocked by how active he is! :) He likes the other kids, and he likes the treats and bubbles too. He went to nursery on his first day without a look back and he continues to go with no problems from week to week. Such a secure, happy little boy!
  • Noah continues to be an excellent sleeper, he sleeps 12 hours at night and has one 2 hour nap during the day. I am so grateful for a good sleeper, hopefully Joshua will be the same way, I plan to use the same sleep training system on him that I used on Noah because it made such a difference. Noah is also very verbal still, he has about 75 words that he uses right now, and he can identify things in his picture books including colors. He is obsessed with cows and that fact that they say moo right now, and he still loves puppies too.
  • Ben's sister will be getting home either late next month or early May and I can't wait for her to get to meet Noah! He was only like 3 months old when she left, so he has obviously changed a lot! I am glad she will be home for Joshua to be born too, it will be fun to have her back for that! 
  • I am officially done working from home, now I am "just" a mom, and I LOVE it! Sitting at the computer for too long for work made the pain I've been experiencing so incredibly much worse, and it's a relief to have that over with. I do with the job itself in some ways, it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it, but I am also glad to be a mommy with nothing else to split my focus. I am especially glad that I will be able to be a full time mommy when I have two kids in the house!
So, there's the general update, basically we are busy but happy, waiting anxiously for warm weather, and loving life! :) 

No comments: