Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A birthday and a blessing!

I have been a little neglectful of my blog as of late. It's been busy! We had Noah's baby blessing on Sunday, and he looked adorable! We blessed him in our ward and then had a luncheon at my parents house afterwards. I forgot to charge the camera beforehand, however, so all of our pictures are on my mom's camera! So, pictures will follow later. Ben did a fantastic job with the blessing, and Noah was a great baby and slept through the whole thing! He little blessing outfit looked great on him, and he waited to poop through his diaper and get it all over his pants until after the guests had all left the luncheon! :) What a good boy... We had a nice luncheon of homemade soups and rolls, with lots of cookies and cakes for dessert. Since Ben's 29th birthday was the day before the blessing, I surprised him with having everyone sing Happy Birthday to him! About 50 people total-which is WAY more attention than Ben will ever be comfortable with! But, I thought it was too good of an opportunity to pass up since I will never get to plan a big party for him since he wouldn't like it! We had both of our families there plus several dear friends and their children. It was a lot of fun, I thought, to have them all there to celebrate his birthday as well as the blessing. He got a lot of great gifts too, mostly gift cards to various restaurants to give us some free dates, which is awesome! He had a great time, regardless of the "embarrassing" birthday song.

On his actual birthday we really didn't do much, I let him sleep in until about 11 in the morning, and then we just had a lazy day at home, which was great. It was actually just what he wanted for his birthday so that's what he got! That night we were going to go out to dinner, but it just didn't work out, so Ben brought dinner to us! We ordered Texas Roadhouse take out, put the baby to bed, and had a little feast while we watched a movie! It was a lot of fun and reminded me of our first Valentine's Day when we had a candlelit picnic on the floor consisting of deli food from the grocery store since we were poor and had moved into our apartment the day before! We had a blast, and I think he enjoyed his nice lazy day off from work, school, and everything else!

No comments: