Monday, September 26, 2011

Mastitis!

So, last week I was feeling a little bit sick, mostly a sore throat and some headaches. But, on Friday last week I got EXTREMELY sick! I was running a high fever, had terrible joint and body aches and pains, sore throat, awful headache, and some strange swelling under my left arm. It got to painful that I couldn't pick up the baby! So, I called Ben in tears and asked him to come home from work-which he did. I got in to a doctor to get an antibiotic or something, thinking that I had the flu. Come to find out, I actually have Mastitis-a breast infection! I am on a crazy high antibiotic, but that Friday night was one of the worst of my life. I was in so much pain in my joints that I couldn't even walk up the stairs-I had to crawl. I just laid on the couch in misery, and Ben would bring the baby to me when he needed to eat and then he would help hold him so I could nurse him. Nursing on my left side is extremely painful-but they encourage you to nurse through it! OUCH! I thought that I was doing a little bit better so on Sunday we went to my parents home for a family birthday dinner for my niece. I was doing fine but starting to go downhill as the night wore on. Finally, just as we were getting ready to go home, I stood up too fast and got a rush of pain, that combined to make me pass out! That was a little traumatic...After received a blessing from my dad and my husband, we were on our way again. I could sure use your prayers right now, I REALLY need to get over this thing! Ben is going out of town at the end of the week on a business trip and I am a little nervous that I will still be feeling like this. So, prayers are much appreciated!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh Megs! I'm so sorry to hear about that. It's awful to be sick - especially when you're a mom. For some reason that makes it all worse.
Feel better soon!!