Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Books!!

Have you read more than 6 of these books? The BBC believes that most people will have read only 6 of the 100 books listed below.

I have bolded the ones that I have read all the way through. I have read 59 of these bad boys! And some of them I have read over and over, one of my all time favorite books ever is on this list! (#21). Well, that was my self esteem boost for the day. I feel so good about myself now! Plus, I think this post ties in nicely with my background. :)

1. Pride and Prejudice-Jane Austen
2. Lord of the Rings -J.R.R. Tolkein
3. Jane Eyre-Charlotte Bronte
4. Harry Potter series-J.K. Rowling
5. To Kill A Mockingbird-Harper Lee
6. The Bible (Old Testament, New Testament)
7. Wuthering Heights-Emily Bronte
8. Nineteen Eighty Four-George Orwell
9.His Dark Materials-Philip Pullman (Own it, but haven't gotten to it yet)
10. Great Expectations-Charles Dickens
11. Little Women-Louise May Alcott
12. Tess of the D'Urbervilles-Thomas Hardy
13. Catch 22-Joseph Heller
14. Complete Works of Shakespeare
15. Rebecca-Daphne Du Maurier
16. The Hobbit-JRR Tolkien
17.Birdshong-Sebastian Faulk
18. Catcher in the Rye-JD Salinger
19. The Time Traveler's Wife-Audrey Niffenegger
20. Middlemarch-George Eliot
21. Gone With the Wind-Margaret Mitchell (Over and Over! I LOVE this book!!!!)
22. The Great Gatsby- F Scott Fitzgerald
23. Bleak House-Charles Dickens
24. War and Peace-Leo Tolstoy
25. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy-Douglas Adams
26. Brideshead Revisited-Evelyn Waugh
27. Crime and Punishment-Fyodor Dostoyevsky
28. Grapes of Wrath-John Steinbeck
29. Alice in Wonderland-Lewis Carroll
30. The Wind in the Willows-Kenneth Grahame
31.Anna Karenina-Leo Tolstoy
32. David Copperfield-Charles Dickens
33. Chronicles of Narnia-CS Lewis
34. Emma-Jane Austen
35. Persuasion-Jane Austen
36. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe-CS Lewis
37. The Kite Runner-Khaled Hosseini
38. Captain Corelli's Mandolin-Louis De Bernieres
39. Memoirs of a Geisha-Arthur Golden
40. Winnie the Pooh-A.A. Milne
41. Animal Farm-George Orwell
42. The Da Vinci Code-Dan Brown
43. One Hundred Years of Solitude-Gabriel Garcia Marquez
44. A Prayer for Owen Meaney-John Irving
45. The Woman in White-Wilkie Collins
46. Anne of Green Gables-LM Montgomery
47. Far From the Madding Crowd-Thomas Hardy
48. The Hnadmaid's Tale-Margaret Atwood
49. Lord of the Flies-William Golding
50. Atonement-Ian McEwan
51. Life of Pi-Yann Martel
52. Dune-Frank Herbert
53. Cold Comfort Farm-Stella Gibbons
54. Sense and Sensibility-Jane Austen
55. A Suitable boy-Vikram Seth
56. The Shadow of the Wind-Carlos Ruiz Zafon
57. A Tale of Two Cities-Charles Dickens
58. Brave New World-Aldous Huxley (I would read this one, but my hubby read it and HATED it!)
59. The Curious Incident of the God in the Night-time-Mark Haddon
60. Love in the Time of Cholera-Gabriel Garcia MArquez
61. Of Mice and MEn-John Steinbeck
62. Lolita-Vladmir Nabokov
63. The Secret History-Donna Tartt
64. The Lovely bones-Alice Sebold
65. Count of Monte Cristo-Alexandre Dumas (LOVE this book!)
66. On The Road-Jack Kerouac
67. Jude the Obscure-Thomas Hardy
68. Bridget Jones's Diary-Helen Fielding
69. Midnight's Children-Salman Rushdie
70. Moby Dick-Herman Melville
71. Oliver Twist-Charles Dickens
72. Dracula-Bram Stoker
73. The Secret Garden-Frances Hodgson Burnett
74. Notes from a Small Island-Bill Bryson
75. Ulysses-James Joyce
76. The Inferno-Dante
77. Swallows and Amazons-Arthur Ransome
78. Germinal-Emile Zola
79. Vanity Fair-William Makepeace Thackeray
80. Possession-AS Byatt
81. A Christmas Carol-Charles Dickens
82. Cloud Atlas-David Mitchell
83. The Color Purple-Alice Walker
84. The Remains of the Day-Kazuo Ishiguro
85. Madame Bovary-Gustave Flaubert
86. A Fine Balance-Rohinton Mistry
87. Charlotte's Web-E.B. White
88. The Five People You Meet in Heaven-Mitch Albom
89. Adventures of Sherlock Holmes-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
90. The Faraway Tree Collection-Enid Blyton
91. Heart of Darkness-Joseph Conrad
92. The Little Prince-Antoine De Saint-Exupery
93. The Wasp Factory-Iain Banks
94. Watership Down-Richard Adams
95. A Confederacy of Dunces-John Kennedy Toole
96. A Town Like Alice-Nevile Shute
97. The Three Musketeers-Alexandre Dumas
98. Hamlet-William Shakespeare
99. Charlie and Chocolate Factory-Roald Dahl (I have read, multiple times, EVERYTHING by this author!)
100. Les Miserables-Victor Hugo (This book is another of my favorites!!)


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, this is just depressing! I've only read 11! BUT - they were all the same books you'd read. Does that mean I get bonus points?
PS - Gone with the Wind has to be one of my favorites too. Love you!!

Unknown said...

I maintain that if you take out the Jane Austen and the Charles Dickens novels that our numbers would be more similar.

Bekah and Lance said...

Well I've read 19. There's a few more I've started but I know I didn't finish. I even read a few of them that you haven't. I was a little surprised. :)