Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Snow, Snow, Go AWAY!

I am SO ready for spring! I am saying this as there is about a mountian of snow falling outside my apartment! I wore capris and sandals earlier this month, and now I am wearing sweaters and my winter coat again! Typical Utah weather I guess...but I am ready for Spring! So, everyone, think flowers and sunshine and BBQs and maybe we can turn the weather around by sheer will! I am having a "spring and summer day in my heart" day today, otherwise known as early spring fever! I am so done with winter! Although, I have been loving the fabulous strawberries I have been getting lately, I love fresh fruit! I am getting excited for peaches! Ben's grandpa has peach trees and we always get more than we can eat (which is saying a lot, since I LOVE good peaches) and I am also getting excited to have BBQs. I love burned hot dogs cooked on a grill. (Yes, I said burned, that is the very bestest way to eat them!) I am also excited to go to Logan canyon and have tin foil dinners and make s'mores. (Jen and Tristan, we will have to meet you there!) I can't wait to be able to wear flip flops and feel warm sun. Heck, I wouldn't even mind a good sunburn right now! I am excited for it to stay light late in the evening, and I am excited to play frisbee in the park with Ben's family, and in the backyard with my family. I can't wait to be able to drive with my windows down too! Sigh, if only the snow would stay in the mountains where it belongs! Well, oddly enough, my little I-want-it-to-be-spring therapy session worked, I feel much better! What are you looking forward to doing in the Spring and Summer seasons? Think Spring!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh I would so LOVE to meet you guys for a picnic and smores! Let's do it for sure!!! I was just telling Tristan the other day that I wanted to go on lots of camping trips this summer - do you think that would count?
PS - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just spent a yummy weekend in Arizona and came back with a sunburn! haha! just requires a 14 hour car ride :)