Monday, February 9, 2009

With a twist...

So, I thought that I would put a twist on the "25 things" post, and do 25 random facts about Ben! After all, my blog is supposed to be SOME Ben...:) So, here goes!

1. Ben knows more about cars than I ever thought possible!
2. Ben loves computers and knows more about them than I ever thought possible too!
3. Ben hates nuts, but loves peanut butter.
4. Ben made a cutting board for his future wife in his woodshop class in high school, and it is so pretty that I have never used it, because I don't want to mark it!
5. Ben is very good with kids, I tease him that our kids are going to like him better.
6. Ben can play the trumpet, piano, and guitar.
7. Ben loves the outdoors, he does everything from rock climbing to snow boarding.
8. Ben doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, a good dessert for him after dinner is a glass of juice. He keeps my sweet tooth in line, thank goodness!
9. Ben enjoys playing computer games, he really likes to play World of Warcraft and Playstation games, but always puts his wife first!
10. Ben is going to school at Weber University to earn a dual degree in business and computer programming.
11. Ben is extremely thoughtful and romantic, which I love!
12. Ben is a very loyal person, once you are included in his circle of friends you are there for life.
13. Ben loves Kit Kats and Twix candy bars.
14. Ben enjoys a good action film, and so do I so we never argue over what movie to see.
15. Ben is a very good cook, he makes especially killer omlets.
16. Ben is currently working as a trainer for Dell and he loves teaching!
17. Ben served an LDS mission in Baguio, Philippines and learned to speak Tagalog and Ilukno. He is still fairly fluet in Tagalog-his main language.
18. My family absolutely loves Ben, and they are always very excited to see him when we come visit. (Sometimes they are more excited about him than me I think!)
19. Ben is the second of 6 children in his family, just like me!
20. Ben is very much a night person and really struggles with mornings, but he still diligently gets up and goes to school very early. His job right now actually works really well for his biological clock-the 3-midnight shift!
21. Ben can tell you the date he proposed, which I think is pretty impressive!
22. He also came up with a very elaborate, romantic proposal that made me cry a few times! It's a really long story, but it involved lots of flowers, a CD of love songs, 4 love letters, and a romantic dinner-all over the span of about 3 hours!
23. Ben is very close to his family and they all love him enough to put up with his crazy wife!
24. Ben is very spiritually grounded, he has a beautiful testimony and is constantly reminding me of what is important in life.
25. Ben is the best husband I could have asked for, he is patient and loving and caring and kind and sweet and strong and romantic and can fix anything and everything and will take good care of me and our children his whole life. Ben is the love of my life and I am so grateful for him. He is very complex and has so many aspects to him, everything from fixing cars to fixing computers to playing "nerdy" games to rock climbing and snowboarding to fixing my vacuum and showerhead to leaving a single long stem rose and a love letter on my pillow for when I get home from work. Our three year anniversary is coming up next month and it has gone by so fast! Good thing we have eternity or I would feel really ripped off! Love you, Ben!

No comments: