Tuesday, October 28, 2008

UPDATES! Ben's B-Day

So, I have been a MAJOR slacker as of late and I haven't updated this like I wanted to. First of, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the love of my life! Ben's birthday was actually on October 15, so I am a little late...We have been busy! We went to both families house's on different Sundays for dinner and cake. We also went to see "Into the Woods" at Hale Center Theater the Saturday before his b-day. Then, he surprised me by getting off work early on his b-day so we could go to dinner together. So, then I surprised him by showing up at his work with cookies, balloons, and a big candy bar poster. He got harassed pretty good by his class about it-which was the whole point! He turned 26 so I keep teasing him that he is "Over the Hill"-the 25 year hill, so of course that is what all his balloons said! :) It was a lot of fun. I think he had a good b-day all in all. He got lots of good stuff, season 4 of The Office, the third Eragon book, Iron Man special edition (complete with comic book!), new scriptures, a Clive Cussler novel, a gift card to Best Buy (which he has already used!), an awesome board game and funny shirt, and a few other things that I can't remember. He made out pretty good, huh? That is not all from me, that also counts gifts from our families.
This is Ben and I at my parent's house, isn't he handsome? Good thing he has such a YOUNG wife! :) (I am only 3 years younger, but I tease him like he turned 60.)
This is my handsome hubby at Boston's Restaurant. He told me to surprise him with where we went for his birthday, so I picked here because it is one of his favorites, but I was very disappointed when they said that they didn't sing! We still got a free dessert though, so I was slightly mollified...Ben wasn't sad about that at all though!
This is kind of hard to see, but it is part of the stage for "Into the Woods". It was AMAZING! The theater has seating all the way around the stage so it is a very tiny stage to work with, but the whole thing MOVED! It was incredible, the center part rotated, the outer ring rotated, things came down from the ceiling, stuff came up from underneath, it was absolutely awesome! It was really cool too, once you walked into the theater everything was decorated with leaves and fake trees so the moment you walked in, you were literally in the woods. The performance was amazing. I had seen the play a few times before but it was Ben's first time and I think he really enjoyed it. We have season tickets for next year's line up which includes plays like "Phantom", "Treasure Island", "Hello Dolly", and one of my personal favorites, "The Scarlet Pimpernel"! We are very excited, this theater is AMAZING! :)
I really don't like me in this picture, but I feel obligated to put it up anyway to commemorate the birthday play we attended together! So, just ignore me and look at Ben! :)
As far as other updates, my little brother is turning 16 on Sunday, which is really weird. He has already been asked to his first dance, which is only a week later! Go Ryan! Work for me is getting crazy-we are getting more and more stock in for Christmas and I can't put any of it out yet so it is just clogging my back room with boxes EVERYWHERE! For those who know me best, you know that I am a border line neat freak and so this is putting me over the edge a little bit...I have literally had nightmares about the cardboard boxes turning on my and swallowing me whole...Wish me luck!




1 comment:

Bekah and Lance said...

What a fun brithday! I love going to the Hale theater!